Absence, and the reason for absence, must be reported by the student's parent or legal guardian by calling the Attendance Office between 7:30a.m.-9:00a.m. on the day of the absence. It can also be reported using the parent portal in Genesis.
You will be transferred to the ‘NOTIFY ATTENDANCE OFFICE’
tab. Parents may also choose to navigate there directly by clicking on the ‘ATTENDANCE’
tab, then the ‘NOTIFY ATTENDANCE OFFICE’
The ‘NOTIFY ATTENDANCE OFFICE’ screen allows parents to submit notes to the office. Once on the screen, parents will be able to:
- Select whether the student(s) will be absent or tardy.
- Select the date(s) of the absence/tardy. Parents may select either today or a future date. Dates in the past are not allowed. If a student is going to be absent more than one day enter the ending date in the ‘Up through and including (may leave blank):’ field.
- Select each student for which this notification pertains.
- Enter an attendance note describing the reason for the absence/tardy. This note will appear in Genesis as part of the student’s attendance file
Once the form is completed, the parent will need to hit the ‘Submit to Office’ button. Submitted forms will appear on the bottom of the screen so parents can keep track of any and all attendance notes they have created.
A note is created for each student for each day they will be absent/tardy. If a parent reports their student will be absent on Monday and Tuesday, a separate note will appear for each day.
If a parent wishes to remove a submitted note, they may do so as long as the note has not yet been processed in Genesis. This is accomplished by hitting the red X button to the right of the note.
Notes that have been processed by the attendance office will appear with a green check next to them.
The phone numbers listed below are the Attendance Office numbers for the 2021-2022 School Year.
We recommend that you email any questions or concerns to the grade level secretaries listed below:
(908) 851-6522 Ms. Hutchins - Grades 9 & 10 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(908) 851-6523 Mrs. Askew - Grade 11 (email@example.com)
(908) 851-6521 Ms. Strobel - Grade 12 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(908) 851-6524 Mr. DeBellonia, Attendance Coordinator (email@example.com)
Automated phone calls will go home at 9:15a.m. each day to inform parents/guardians that the student is absent from school; unless the absence is reported in the parent portal through Genesis or a voice message is left with the respective grade level attendance secretary. Absences due to illness will be considered UNEXCUSED unless a doctor's note is submitted to the Attendance Office within two weeks of the absence. Notes can be physically brought to the Attendance Office or they can be emailed to the respective grade level secretary.