Student-Athlete Informatin

High School Athletic Eligibility
Fall/Winter sports - need 30 credits from previous year

  • Spring sports - need 15 "estimated" credits from previous two marking periods
  • Any failures - see your counselor and plan to go to summer school

College-bound student athletes who wish to participate in pision I or pision II sports must first go through an initial eligibility certification process by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).

In order to be eligible, student athletes must meet certain NCAA standards for grade point average (GPA) in core curriculum courses, as well as SAT/ACT scores.

The NCAA recommends that student-athletes start planning in ninth grade to earn the best possible grades. Make an appointment with your counselor to make sure that you are taking the correct classes for the NCAA core course list for your high school. This list is available through your counselor or at

The following websites provide essential and detailed information on the NCAA eligibility process for student athletes. To view the website, click on the title:

NCAA Eligibility Center
This is the official NCAA Eligibility website; student-athletes must register on this website in order to begin the eligibility process. Students must request their transcript through this website in order for Union High School to transmit electronically to . Please follow all NCAA directions. Any questions or problems; see your counselor.

NCAA Eligibility Quick Guide
This is an explanation and listing of all academic eligibility requirements for pision I and pision II athletes.

Guide to the College-Bound Student Athlete

pision I Quick Fact Sheet

pision II Quick Fact Sheet (2018)

National Junior College Athletic Association
If you are interested in playing a sport at a two year college use the college search engine on this site. You can search by sport, by state or by region.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.